Tuesday 7 November 2023

DIRKY - LOST IN THE DESERT

 

THE DOGS THE STAR 

DIRKY - LOST IN THE DESERT 


Bored one night, I just happened to stumble across this gem on You Tube. I wasnt even looking for pets and suddenly there it was. 

A terrible print too, scratchy, old. And the acting is so-so. But there was something about it. I had the vague inclination from the thumbnail it was going to be something like Walk About. And I suppose I stuck with it for that premise. 

And I wasn't let down. 

But the real star of this movie, hands down - is the dog, Dolly. 

And that was the last thing I expected. Shit I was more worried about Dolly than the kid for sure. 

That kid coulda died in the desert, shrivelled and dried under the desert sun. But please SPARE THE DOG. Again I was not disappointed. 

In fact there are several times in the film when Dolly the dog was in peril and I was on the edge of my fucking seat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment